Act now! Defend agriculture, our health depends on it
- Environmental degradation and soil depletion
- Significant increase in the use of GMOs and pesticides
- Steadily rising overconsumption
- Malnutrition and starvation
- Decline in food quality and massive increase in junk food
- Increased suicide rates among farmers all over the world who can no longer keep up with this capitalist exploitation
The removal of free trade barriers on agricultural products has had serious impacts on our health. Farmers’ working conditions have deteriorated and production has increased at an irrational pace. This has drastically affected the quality of our food and preservation of the environment, which are both not only crucial to our health, but to our survival.
Agriculture has a major impact on people’s quality of life. Not protecting it puts us ALL in danger!
Countries that have signed this agreement, our leaders, believe in the continued exploitation of people and nature for capitalist gains. This notion has significantly harmed the economical, social and environmental balance around the world, not to mention people’s health.
Agricultural products, which are essential to our survival, should not be subject to the laws of the market. It’s time to revisit unfair trading practices and take action!